PREVENT DENGUE FEVER PLAN FOR WASTE MANAGEMENT
The Eid of sacrifice is less than a week away. The cattle are arriving, tickets are being booked and recipes are being dusted out. But what about cleaning-up? For the perfect celebration, clean up your surroundings & keep it waste free. Besides, the dengue virus is spreading its wings aggressively and takes alarming turn. Experts say climate change effects, intermittent rain, pattern of weather and lack of cleanliness are the crucial reasons for this increase in dengue cases. Here, we give you some tips to protect yourself against dengue fever, tips to follow if you have already been stick with Dengue as well as waste management tips on this Eid.
BE CAREFUL. STAY HEALTHY. STAY BLESSED
The following precautions can help you & your loved ones safeguard against this viral fever to a large extend.
✓ Protect yourself against mosquito bites.
✓ Prevent mosquito breeding inside and outside your home.
✓ Avoid visiting areas prone to mosquitoes.
✓ Avoid dark clothes
✓ Use mosquito repellents
If you are sick with dengue:
- Take acetaminophen or paracetamol to control fever and relieve pain. Do not take aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Get adequate rest and plenty of drink fluids to prevent dehydration.
- During the first week of infection, dengue virus can be found in your blood. Then if a mosquito bites you, it will be infected and spread the virus to other people through bites.
- To help prevent others from getting sick, protect yourself from mosquito bites during the first week of illness.
- Rest in a screened or air-conditioned room or under a bed net while you have a fever.
PLAN FOR WASTE MANAGEMENT
Islam focuses on the standards of cleanliness very much. We need to make sure that we act responsibly on this Eid and make sure that we keep our homes, neighborhood and society as a whole very clean and Pak
✓ Sacrifice the animals at the designated Qurbani spots.
✓ Clean the waste of sacrificial animals at the quickest possible time.
If these simple steps can ensure a happy, clean and hygienic Eid for you and your family to enjoy, why would you invite a disease?